Hive >> mail # dev >> support for timestamps before 1970 or after 2038

+
Mikhail Bautin 2013-05-08, 22:15
Re: support for timestamps before 1970 or after 2038
Since this does seem to be a problem in Hive, I went ahead and created a
JIRA with a design proposal of a backward-compatible solution.

Years earlier than 1970 in particular are an important case for supporting
historical data in many business applications.

Thanks,
Mikhail