HDFS, mail # user - Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode

+
Pamecha, Abhishek 2013-01-30, 09:15
+
jeba earnest 2013-01-30, 10:40
+
Chris Embree 2013-01-30, 11:52
Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-01-30, 09:14
I would say the hard limit is due to the OS local file system (and your
budget).

So short answer for ext3 : it doesn't seems so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

And I am not sure the answer is the most interesting. Even if you could put
1 Peta on one node, what is usually interesting is the ratio
storage/compute.

Bertrand

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM, jeba earnest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is it possible to keep 1 Petabyte in a single data node?
> If not, How much is the maximum storage for a particular data node?
>
> Regards,
> M. Jeba

+
Vijay Thakorlal 2013-01-30, 09:47