HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode

Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode
I would say the hard limit is due to the OS local file system (and your
budget).

So short answer for ext3 : it doesn't seems so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

And I am not sure the answer is the most interesting. Even if you could put
1 Peta on one node, what is usually interesting is the ratio
storage/compute.

Bertrand