Pig, mail # dev - LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported

Re: LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported
Bill Graham 2012-03-26, 15:37
Sounds good, I just updated the patch. Return null is what the LoadMetadata
javadoc says to do when stats aren't available actually, so the null case
should be expected.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Daniel Dai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Return null should be fine. I changed that for BinStorage, which
> otherwise breaks unit test.
>
> Daniel
>
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Bill Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We found a bug where InterStorage.getStatistics() was throwing
> > UnsupportedOperationException which was causing problems for
> > JobControlCompiler (see
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2616<
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2616>).
> > PIG-2616 changes JobControlCompiler to catch the exception, but I'm
> > wondering why InterStorage implements LoadMetada but getStatistics() is
> > unsupported? Is there a good reason for this, or should we implement that
> > method?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*