Pig >> mail # user >> _SUCCESS file -> _FAILURE file?

+
Zebeljan, Nebojsa 2012-10-18, 07:43
Re: _SUCCESS file -> _FAILURE file?
That's a Hadoop mapreduce feature, not a Pig feature, so that request
should go there.

Can't really do the _failure thing though, if you think about it --
programs can fail by crashing, in which case they might not be able to
write a file. Or maybe they are not crashing, but there is a problem
talking to HDFS, still can't write the failure.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Zebeljan, Nebojsa
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Pig writes a 0 byte _SUCCESS file, when the STORE has been successfully done. Is there something like a _FAILURE file that indicates that the STORE failed?
>
> I need to determine with a another application (java), if the pig run has finished and if it was successful or not.
>
> Any approach is welcome – Thanks for your help!
>
> Regards,
> Nebo
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-10-18, 21:10
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-10-18, 22:59
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-10-19, 16:00