Hadoop, mail # user - set the mapred.map.tasks.speculative.execution=false, but it is not useful.

Re: set the mapred.map.tasks.speculative.execution=false, but it is not useful.
Jagat Singh 2012-06-12, 11:43
Besides Speculative execution , Tasks can be attempted multiple times due
to failures.

So you can see 3 attempt there.