HBase >> mail # user >> ZKConfig.makeZKProps throwing NullPointerException

+
Nichole Treadway 2011-08-14, 23:27
Re: ZKConfig.makeZKProps throwing NullPointerException
Sorry, I forgot to mention:

I'm using hadoop-0.20-append, hbase-0.92 on two red hat 5.5 machines.

The function I pasted is in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKConfig.
On Aug 14, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Nichole Treadway wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting the below error when trying to create a new HTable object (see end of email)...
>
> I believe the error is occuring in the below function because the getClassLoader() function is returning null. Because the way my application is set up, I have to add all hbase, hadoop, and zookeeper-related jars to the bootstrap classpath using the java "-Xbootclasspath/p" flag. I think this is causing some kind of issue with the classloader. Any one have any ideas what I can do to resolve this?
>
> public static Properties makeZKProps(Configuration conf) {
>     // First check if there is a zoo.cfg in the CLASSPATH. If so, simply read
>     // it and grab its configuration properties.
>     ClassLoader cl = HQuorumPeer.class.getClassLoader();
>     final InputStream inputStream = cl.getResourceAsStream(HConstants.ZOOKEEPER_CONFIG_NAME);
>     if (inputStream != null) {
>       try {
>         return parseZooCfg(conf, inputStream);
>       } catch (IOException e) {
>         LOG.warn("Cannot read " + HConstants.ZOOKEEPER_CONFIG_NAME +
>       }
>     }
>

> Stacktrace:
>
> 11/08/14 19:18:43 java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKConfig.makeZKProps(ZKConfig.java:65)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKConfig.getZKQuorumServersString(ZKConfig.java:250)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.<init>(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:117)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:1255)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.setupZookeeperTrackers(HConnectionManager.java:515)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(HConnectionManager.java:506)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:180)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:180)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:158)

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-08-15, 18:06