Hive >> mail # user >> Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property

+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-06-13, 14:20
Re: Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property
You need to put these jars in your aux_lib folder or in your hadoop
classpath. There is a subtle difference between that classpath and the
classpath used by UDF and anything that involves  a serde or input
format needs to be in auxlib.

Edward

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to provide a custom "serialization.class" to a SerDe, I created a
> jar containing all my custom serialization classes and added them to the
> hive classpath with "ADD JAR my-classes.jar" command. Now when I try to use
> these custom classes via CLI, it still throws me a "ClassNotFoundException"
> for those custom classes in my jar.
>
> Is there something that I am missing? I confirmed that 'list jars' is
> showing me the custom jar that I added.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> --