Hive >> mail # user >> Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property

Re: Providing a custom serialization.class SerDe property
You need to put these jars in your aux_lib folder or in your hadoop
classpath. There is a subtle difference between that classpath and the
classpath used by UDF and anything that involves  a serde or input
format needs to be in auxlib.

Edward