HBase >> mail # user >> RowKey design with hashing

+
Nurettin Şimşek 2013-02-13, 08:35
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-14, 00:50
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-14, 02:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-14, 03:18
+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-02-14, 03:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-14, 03:58
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-25, 02:25
+
Alexander Ignatov 2013-02-13, 08:40
Re: RowKey design with hashing
If you have a good distribution of domains then use the reversed domain
key, it will allow you to scan over domains faster.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Alexander Ignatov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> If you have only one domain 'yahoo.com' for all mail addresses you
> probably can use row keys as 'xxxx' without adding '@yahoo.com'.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alexander Ignatov
>

> On 2/13/2013 12:35 PM, Nurettin Şimşek wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In our project mail adresses are row key. Which rowkey design  we should
>> choose?
>>
>> 1) com.yahoo@xxxx (Reversed)
>> 2) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> 3) md5 hash([EMAIL PROTECTED])