Bigtop >> mail # user >> Hive/HCatalog/Pig/etc.. smoke tests vs full integration tests

Re: Hive/HCatalog/Pig/etc.. smoke tests vs full integration tests
Hi Jay,
Sorry about the delayed response.

We have historically just used smoke tests to determine if a given
component is "working" on the cluster. As a matter of fact, many
integration tests are the same tests provided by the component
(especially case of pig and hive) just run on a fully distributed
cluster.

It's not possible to test all features of say Hive on a fully
distributed cluster but we do test a good subset of features
end-to-end.

Hope that answers your question.

Mark