HBase, mail # user - split table data into two or more tables

+
alxsss@... 2013-02-08, 18:36
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 18:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 18:40
Re: split table data into two or more tables
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 18:51
BTW I think hadoop-1.4.0 was a typo: it should be 1.0.4

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> May I ask the rationale behind this ?
> Were you aiming for higher write throughput ?
>
> Please also tell us how many regions you have in the current table.
>
> Thanks
>
> BTW please consider upgrading to 0.94.4
>

> On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I wondered if there is a way of splitting data from one table into two or
>> more tables in hbase with iidentical schemas, i.e. if table A has 100M
>> records put 50M into table B, 50M into table C and delete table A.
>> Currently, I use hbase-0.92.1 and hadoop-1.4.0
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Alex.

+
alxsss@... 2013-02-08, 18:59