Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta

Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta
> Assuming that you are talking about HDFS features when you say

> > "features going into a beta on a very short short timetable" and
> > "laundry list" etc,
> >

> No, that would not be a correct assumption.
>
> So these features are not something that are impulsively developed
> > and irresponsibly pushed to a release. They have gone through
> > considerable testing and have been developed over a long time.
> >

> There is no need to reframe my comment in combative terms and read in
> insults that are not there.

No insult taken. But I want to make a case that feature are not proposed
lightly and due diligence both during development and testing are done.

> As I read Arun's mail the plan is to integrate several feature branches
> into branch-2. That would of course result in brand new never before tested
> code. I do not believe that should have the label "alpha". This is just my
> personal opinion. "Shit happens when commits happen." - You know this as
> well as I. That does not mean I am here to attack or insult you by pointing
> that out and suggesting more measured alternatives.
>
> There is little to gain in engaging in debate club. If you are not
> interested in hearing these opinions, that is fine, I have received that
> message already, nothing further need be said.
Andy, I value your feedback. I am only trying to allay the concerns by
sharing my perspective.

Regards,
Suresh