HBase >> mail # dev >> Rolling restart from 0.92 to 0.94

Re: Rolling restart from 0.92 to 0.94
My two cents: if we want to ensure we're backward compatible, we need to do
two things: define clear boundaries of the classes and/or packages to which
this applies, and run automated tests that verify that backward
compatibility is maintained across point releases. Or maybe we have this
and I'm not aware of it? The way that APIs are annotated in the later
branches as public/private/evolving is a good thing, but unfortunately
doesn't apply to the 0.94 branch. Maybe that could be back-ported?

James