HBase >> mail # dev >> checkAndPut with comparators

checkAndPut with comparators
Hi,

I see that in HBASE-3468, we gained the ability to do a checkAndPut with a
comparator, but it doesn't look straightforward to use from a client
perspective.

I'd like to create/submit a patch that would do the following:

Add new WritableByteArrayComparator instances - LongComparator,
IntComparator, DoubleComparator, FloatComparator, ShortComparator,
StringComparator. Pretty much helpers for everything that the Bytes class
can convert to a byte[].

Add a method to HTableInterface / HTable:

    boolean checkAndPut(byte[] row, byte[] family, byte[] qualifier,
                        final CompareFilter.CompareOp compareOp,
                        final WritableByteArrayComparable comparator,
                        Put put) throws IOException;

and the corresponding delete:

    boolean checkAndDelete(byte[] row, byte[] family, byte[] qualifier,
                        final CompareFilter.CompareOp compareOp,
                        final WritableByteArrayComparable comparator,
                        Delete delete) throws IOException;

Before I get started on that, have I missed anything?

I'm looking at the code in trunk and it's a bit different than the last
time I submitted a patch, so this is going to take a bit. :)

Thanks,

Rob Roland