HBase, mail # user - Coprocessor Aggregation supposed to be ~20x slower than Scans?

+
anil gupta 2012-05-14, 19:02
+
Stack 2012-05-14, 19:08
+
anil gupta 2012-05-14, 19:31
+
Ted Yu 2012-05-14, 19:55
+
anil gupta 2012-05-14, 20:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-05-14, 20:58
+
anil gupta 2012-05-14, 22:31
+
Ted Yu 2012-05-14, 23:00
+
anil gupta 2012-05-15, 17:34
+
Ted Yu 2012-05-15, 17:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-05-15, 18:46
Re: Coprocessor Aggregation supposed to be ~20x slower than Scans?
anil gupta 2012-05-15, 19:09
Oh i c.. Now if i look closely at your gmail id then i can see your name. I
was totally confused.

So, you want to force the user to specify stopRow if the filter is not
used? What if the user just wants to scan the table from startRow till the
end of table? In your solution user will have explicitly set the stopRow as
HConstants.EMPTY_END_ROW. Do we really want to force this?

As per your solution the code would look like this:
      if(scan.hasFilter())
      {  if (scan == null || (Bytes.equals(scan.getStartRow(),
scan.getStopRow()) && !Bytes.equals(scan.getStartRow(),
HConstants.EMPTY_START_ROW)) || (Bytes.compareTo(scan.getStartRow(),
scan.getStopRow()) > 0 &&
            !Bytes.equals(scan.getStopRow(), HConstants.EMPTY_END_ROW) )) {
      throw new IOException(
          "Agg client Exception: Startrow should be smaller than Stoprow");
    } else if (scan.getFamilyMap().size() != 1) {
      throw new IOException("There must be only one family.");
    }
      }
      else
      {  if (scan == null || (Bytes.equals(scan.getStartRow(),
scan.getStopRow()) && !Bytes.equals(scan.getStartRow(),
HConstants.EMPTY_START_ROW)) || Bytes.compareTo(scan.getStartRow(),
scan.getStopRow()) > 0) {
          throw new IOException(
              "Agg client Exception: Startrow should be smaller than
Stoprow");
        } else if (scan.getFamilyMap().size() != 1) {
          throw new IOException("There must be only one family.");
        }
      }

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Anil
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anil:
> I am having trouble accessing JIRA.
>
> Ted Yu and Zhihong Yu are the same person :-)
>
> I think it would be good to remind user of aggregation client to narrow
> range of scan. That's why I proposed adding check of hasFilter().
>
> Cheers
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Take your time.
> > Once you complete your first submission, subsequent contributions would
> be
> > easier.
> >

> > On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM, anil gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ted,
> >>
> >> I created the jira:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5999 for
> >> fixing this.
> >>
> >> Creating the patch might take me sometime(due to learning curve) as this
> >> is
> >> the first time i would be creating a patch.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Anil Gupta

> >> in
> >> scan.getStopRow())