Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Deployment planning question

+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-03, 21:01
+
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-03, 22:05
+
Ted Dunning 2012-02-03, 23:52
+
Benjamin Reed 2012-02-04, 00:19
+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-04, 20:44
+
Jason Harmon 2012-02-04, 00:01
Re: Deployment planning question
im curious what you want to happen in the mirrored option. if you are
mirroring and both datacenters are up, but cannot talk to each other,
what should happen?

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jason Harmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My preference, of course, would be to have three datacenters...if one is partitioned off, zookeeper would not respond, which would be perfect. In that scenario, our other two would still be up and running in the other two datacenters.
> Of course I only have two, and I can't host anything externally due to corporate security restrictions. It sure would be nice for a smaller-scale deployment to just have a simple mirrored option, as opposed to the mandatory 3 server/quorum requirement.
> I'm investigating a potential third site I can get access to, but I'm just trying to fully explore any other potential options.
>
> Thanks for the quick response Ben

+
Ted Dunning 2012-02-04, 07:23
+