Hive, mail # dev - [Discuss] project chop up

Re: [Discuss] project chop up
Owen O'Malley 2013-08-07, 20:49
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I'd like to propose we move towards Maven.
>
> Big +1 on this. Most of the major apache projects(hadoop, hbase, avro etc.)
> are maven based.

A big +1 from me too. I actually took a pass at it a couple of months ago.
Some of the hard part was that some of the test classes are in the wrong
module that references classes in a later module. Obviously that prevents
any kind of modular build.

As an additional plus to Maven is that Maven includes tools to correct the
project and module dependencies.

-- Owen