Accumulo >> mail # dev >> hadoop classpath causing an exception (sub-command not defined?)

hadoop classpath causing an exception (sub-command not defined?)
I am at a loss to explain what I am seeing. I have installed Accumulo
many times without a hitch. But today, I am running into a problem
getting the hadoop classpath.

$ /usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop
Usage: hadoop [--config confdir] COMMAND
where COMMAND is one of:
  namenode -format     format the DFS filesystem
  secondarynamenode    run the DFS secondary namenode
  namenode             run the DFS namenode
  datanode             run a DFS datanode
  dfsadmin             run a DFS admin client
  mradmin              run a Map-Reduce admin client
  fsck                 run a DFS filesystem checking utility
  fs                   run a generic filesystem user client
  balancer             run a cluster balancing utility
  jobtracker           run the MapReduce job Tracker node
  pipes                run a Pipes job
  tasktracker          run a MapReduce task Tracker node
  job                  manipulate MapReduce jobs
  queue                get information regarding JobQueues
  version              print the version
  jar <jar>            run a jar file
  distcp <srcurl> <desturl> copy file or directories recursively
  archive -archiveName NAME <src>* <dest> create a hadoop archive
  daemonlog            get/set the log level for each daemon
 or
  CLASSNAME            run the class named CLASSNAME
Most commands print help when invoked w/o parameters.

I am using using the following version of hadoop:

$ hadoop version
Hadoop 0.20.2
Subversion https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20
-r 911707
Compiled by chrisdo on Fri Feb 19 08:07:34 UTC 2010

Inside the accumulo script is the line:

HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop classpath`

This line results in the following exception:

$ $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop classpath
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: classpath
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: classpath
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: classpath. Program will exit.

Am I missing something basic? What?
+
John Vines 2012-12-14, 05:18
+