HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: partition as block?

Re: partition as block?
Well, to be more clear, I'm wondering how hadoop-mapreduce can be optimized
in a block-less filesystem... And am thinking about application tier ways
to simulate blocks - i.e. by making the granularity of partitions smaller.

Wondering, if there is a way to hack an increased numbers of partitions as
a mechanism to simulate blocks - or wether this is just a bad idea
altogether :)

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com