Hive >> mail # user >> Exception while running simple hive query

Exception while running simple hive query
I created a very simple hive table and then ran the following query that
should run a M/R job to return the results.

hive> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM invites;

But I am getting the following exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
/Users/testuser/hive-0.9.0/lib/hive-builtins-0.9.0.jar

at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:722)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.filecache.ClientDistributedCacheManager.getFileStatus(ClientDistributedCacheManager.java:208)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.filecache.ClientDistributedCacheManager.determineTimestamps(ClientDistributedCacheManager.java:71)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.copyAndConfigureFiles(JobSubmitter.java:246)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.copyAndConfigureFiles(JobSubmitter.java:284)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.submitJobInternal(JobSubmitter.java:355)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$11.run(Job.java:1221)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$11.run(Job.java:1218)

When I go to the given location, the jar does exist. It seems like somehow
it is searching for the jar in HDFS instead of the local file system. Any
suggestions on what I could be possible missing? My hadoop version is 0.23.