HBase >> mail # user >> Force the number of map tasks in MR?

Re: Force the number of map tasks in MR?
But this is the limit per tasktracker, right?

And I have 6 nodes, so 6 tasktrackers, which mean it should go up to 12 tasks?

Take a look at 2.7 here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ

I just tried with the setting below (changing 2 by 6) but I'm getting
the same result.

JM