Doug Cutting 2012-05-23, 22:06
+
Doug Cutting 2012-06-06, 17:09
+
Maxim Pugachev 2012-06-07, 06:40
Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.0 (rc 0)
Maxim,

I'm not very familiar with the Avro C code.  I hope that someone who
is will review your patches soon as they look to fix critical bugs
there.

I agree it would be best to get these included an in a release as soon
as possible.  Once they're committed I'd be happy to create a new
release candidate and call a vote on it.  Whether this is 1.7.0 or
1.7.1 doesn't make much difference.  With 2 more +1 votes from PMC
members we could have 1.7.0 released today.

Doug

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Maxim Pugachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Doug, can you please review these patches:
>
> This is a bug fixes (one of them are critical), so I think it`s better to
> include it in 1.7.0 release.
> Thanks!
>
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> +1 Checksums are correct, tests pass, licensing looks good.
>>
>> I'd like to get this out soon so that folks can start depending on the 1.7
>> series.  If there are bugs we can address them rapidly in a 1.7.1 release.
>>  So we should really only hold this for a fix or improvement that
>> introduces an incompatibility.
>>
>> Doug
>>

>> On 05/23/2012 03:06 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>>
>>> I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.7.0.
>>>
>>> Changes are listed at:
>>>
>>> http://s.apache.org/**avro170notes <http://s.apache.org/avro170notes>
>>>
>>> Please download the sources, check them, and vote.
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~**cutting/avro-1.7.0-rc0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ecutting/avro-1.7.0-rc0/>
>>>
>>> The Maven staging repository is at:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**orgapacheavro-124/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-124/>
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for voting!