I'm not very familiar with the Avro C code. I hope that someone who
is will review your patches soon as they look to fix critical bugs
I agree it would be best to get these included an in a release as soon
as possible. Once they're committed I'd be happy to create a new
release candidate and call a vote on it. Whether this is 1.7.0 or
1.7.1 doesn't make much difference. With 2 more +1 votes from PMC
members we could have 1.7.0 released today.
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Maxim Pugachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Doug, can you please review these patches:
> This is a bug fixes (one of them are critical), so I think it`s better to
> include it in 1.7.0 release.
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> +1 Checksums are correct, tests pass, licensing looks good.
>> I'd like to get this out soon so that folks can start depending on the 1.7
>> series. If there are bugs we can address them rapidly in a 1.7.1 release.
>> So we should really only hold this for a fix or improvement that
>> introduces an incompatibility.
>> On 05/23/2012 03:06 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>>> I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.7.0.
>>> Changes are listed at:
>>> http://s.apache.org/**avro170notes <http://s.apache.org/avro170notes>
>>> Please download the sources, check them, and vote.
>>> The Maven staging repository is at:
>>> Thanks in advance for voting!