Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

+
Owen OMalley 2011-06-14, 22:56
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-14, 23:35
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-15, 09:58
+
Ian Holsman 2011-06-14, 23:38
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-15, 00:16
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 00:48
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 01:15
+
Eli Collins 2011-06-15, 01:45
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 02:46
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-15, 02:51
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-15, 09:52
Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-06-15, 15:58
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 02:52, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 15/06/11 03:51, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

>>>        I think there is a big difference between some company that uses
>>> Hadoop with some patches internally and a company that puts out a
>>> distribution for others to use, usually for-profit.
>>
>> Just as the reminder: this whole conversation has started as a result
>> of EMC announcement of 100% compatible version of Apache Hadoop. So,
>> Allen's point is right on target here: the above example is simply
>> incorrect.
>
> I seem to recall this dicussion starting a bit earlier, with the whole
> notion of compatibility, before EMC got involved.
>
> Regarding the vote, I think the discussion here is interesting and should be
> finalised before the vote. It's worth resolving the issues.
>
> also: banners, stickers and clothing? Can I have T-shirts saying "I broke
> the hadoop build" with the logo on, or should it be "I broke the Apache
> Hadoop build"?

I think such a T-shirt should be forcefully worn on any person who did
just that.
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-17, 11:01
+