Avro >> mail # dev >> JsonEncoder issue in 1.5?

JsonEncoder issue in 1.5?
Hopefully this is just some stupidity on my part, but ...

I'm doing a test upgrade of Flume from Avro 1.4 to the rc0 of 1.5.0 to make
sure everything works ... After putting the new jars in place and fixing
errors due to classes moving around some, I end up with these 2 errors:

    [javac]
/Users/bruce/Development/flume/src/java/com/cloudera/flume/handlers/avro/AvroJsonOutputFormat.java:61:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor
JsonEncoder(org.apache.avro.Schema,java.io.OutputStream)
    [javac] location: class org.apache.avro.io.JsonEncoder
    [javac]       json = new JsonEncoder(schema, o);
    [javac]              ^
    [javac]
/Users/bruce/Development/flume/src/java/com/cloudera/flume/handlers/avro/AvroJsonOutputFormat.java:67:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method init(java.io.OutputStream)
    [javac] location: class org.apache.avro.io.JsonEncoder
    [javac]       json.init(o);
    [javac]           ^

I can't see where I'm doing anything wrong and this code works with 1.4.

I also updated the Jackson jars to be the same as what Avro is using and
I've done 'ant clean'...

Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

 - Bruce
+
Doug Cutting 2011-02-28, 17:32
+