Avro >> mail # user >> Async Client Not Working

Async Client Not Working
I came across this thread from before I was part of this mailing list:

http://apache-avro.679487.n3.nabble.com/Async-Callbacks-using-Netty-td3705392.html

It contains the exact problem I am having as well. Near the end William updated his code with Jame's example yet the client.hello(future1) call still blocked for 5 seconds. I am using avro 1.7.3.

I have tried both using the CallFuture object, as well as writing my own impl of the Callback<CharSequence> interface. When I use the async version of the RPC call, it still blocks.

One thing that was not covered in much detail in this post was how the client was setup. Could it be the SpecificResponder.getClient() isn't getting an async version?

The only example I have is my example:
NettyTransceiver client = new NettyTransceiver(new InetSocketAddress(65111));
ExampleService.Callback proxy = SpecificRequestor.getClient(ExampleService.Callback.class, client);
Is there some other calls that need to be made to get an async client?

Thanks,
-Mike