Pig >> mail # dev >> LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported

LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported
Hi,

We found a bug where InterStorage.getStatistics() was throwing
UnsupportedOperationException which was causing problems for
JobControlCompiler (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2616<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2616>).
PIG-2616 changes JobControlCompiler to catch the exception, but I'm
wondering why InterStorage implements LoadMetada but getStatistics() is
unsupported? Is there a good reason for this, or should we implement that
method?

thanks,
Bill