Hive >> mail # user >> Reading compressed files (external tables) from hive using DeprecatedLzoTextInputFormat

Reading compressed files (external tables) from hive using DeprecatedLzoTextInputFormat

I have  some data generated from a Pig script  which is LZO compressed.  There is no indexer run on this data .   I created an external table on hive   on top of this data . Here is the    create table script .

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE tmp_hive(domain string,url string)  ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'  STORED AS INPUTFORMAT "com.hadoop.mapred.DeprecatedLzoTextInputFormat"  OUTPUTFORMAT "org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat" LOCATION  '/tmp/test2';

However, when I  try to query this table, I get this error .

Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException: No LZO codec found, cannot run.
What am I missing?  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]