Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> porting multi() to zookeeper 3.3

+
Ted Yu 2012-06-28, 03:12
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-06-28, 03:17
+
Ted Yu 2012-06-28, 03:34
Re: porting multi() to zookeeper 3.3
I forgot to mention that some companies (such as StumbleUpon) run zookeeper
3.3.x ensemble in production.
The dependency listed below is for zookeeper client.

Cheers

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My petition was to get this feature into Apache zookeeper 3.3.x
> Currently HBase trunk relies on:
>     <zookeeper.version>3.4.3</zookeeper.version>
>
> If porting is allowed, I can finish up the remaining work.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Marshall McMullen <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hey, I wrote most of the multi code and when I wrote it we were still
>> using
>> 3.3.x. So I have patches for the 3.3.x branch if you're interested. Let me
>> know if you want me to post them in a jira somewhere, or just email them
>> directly to you.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > In several HBase JIRAs, developers tried to resort to multi().
>> > The latest effort appeared in HBASE-2611.
>> >
>> > But there hasn't been consensus when zookeeper 3.4 would be listed as
>> > minimum requirement.
>> >
>> > I wonder how difficult it is to port multi() to zookeeper 3.3.x
>> >
>> > Cheers

+
Ted Dunning 2012-06-28, 04:40
+