MapReduce >> mail # user >> Map-Reduce V/S Hadoop Ecosystem

+
yogesh.kumar13@... 2012-11-07, 15:33
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-07, 16:06
RE: Map-Reduce V/S Hadoop Ecosystem

Thanks Bejoy Sir,

I am always grateful to u for your help.
Please explain these word into simple language with some case (if possible)

" If your requirement is that complex and you need very low level control
of your code mapreduce is better. If you are an expert in mapreduce your
 code can be efficient as yours would very specific to your app but the
MR in hive and pig may be more generic.
"
If my requirement is complex. I will prefer Ecosystem(bcoz it provide simple interface to run Map-Reduce).
What is low level control of code. belongs here?? plz provide an example..

please do explain it into simple way so that I can understand your point of view.

Regards
Yogesh Kumar

> Subject: Re: Map-Reduce V/S Hadoop Ecosystem
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:24:52 +0000
>
> Hi Yogesh,
>
> The development time in Pig and hive are pretty less compared to its equivalent mapreduce code and for generic cases it is very efficient.
> If your requirement is that complex and you need very low level control of your code mapreduce is better. If you are an expert in mapreduce your code can be efficient as yours would very specific to your app but the MR in hive and pig may be more generic.
>
> To just write your custom mapreduce functions, just basic knowledge on java is good. As you are better with java you can understand the internals better.
>

> Regards
> Bejoy KS

+
Bejoy KS 2012-11-07, 19:23