MapReduce >> mail # user >> federated cluster

Re: federated cluster
Hi Visioner,

If you aren't using HA, you will need two SNNs - one that checkpoints
IP1 and the other for IP2. If you lack more hardware, you may probably
reside them on each other (i.e. SNN of IP2 on IP1, etc.) although this
wouldn't work so well after a while (when metadata at each NN has
grown much), but for starters this is good enough I guess.

The ResourceManager/NodeManager are YARN daemons useful for processing
data. If your need is just storage, you are correct in not needing
them deployed.

You are also correct on the federated NNs part. If a file resides in
the NS of IP1, you need to access IP1 to fetch its details.

--
Harsh J