Flume, mail # user - Using Python and Flume to store avro data

Re: Using Python and Flume to store avro data
Juhani Connolly 2012-11-09, 01:46
Hi Bart,

we send data  from python to the scribe source and it works fine. We had
everything set up in scribe before which made the switchover simple. If
you don't mind the extra overhead of http, go for that, but if you want
to keep things to a minimum, using the scribe source can be viable.

You can't send data to avro because the python support in avro is
missing the appropriate encoder(I can't remember what it was, I'd have
to check over the code again)