HBase >> mail # dev >> Move TestReplication out of LargeTests into hbase-it instead?

+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-20, 19:54
+
Jesse Yates 2012-12-20, 20:01
+
Stack 2012-12-20, 21:31
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-20, 21:33
Re: Move TestReplication out of LargeTests into hbase-it instead?
What size of cluster would be necessary to make such regular runs useful?
How much resources are we talking about here?

-n

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> bq. we should set up a regular run of hbase-it tests somewhere though
>
> +1 on above.
>
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Jesse Yates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Not being intimately familiar with the replication tests, how well
> > covered
> > > on that stuff are we by the remaining unit tests? Also, since the
> > hbase-it
> > > tests still get run, are we really gaining anything in terms of CI
> > > reliability?
> > >

> > The hbase-it tests are not run up on jenkins Jesse, not at the moment at
> > least.
> >
> > Agree to moving TestReplication and perhaps some of the mapreduce tests
> out
> > of unit test core.
> >
> > That means we should set up a regular run of hbase-it tests somewhere
> > though?
> >
> > St.Ack

+
Jesse Yates 2012-12-20, 23:49