HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Map Shuffle Bytes

Re: Map Shuffle Bytes
Shuffled bytes go to reducers not mappers and the inbuilt counter for that
is "Reduce Shuffle Bytes".

I am not sure how you can implement user defined java counter here because
this phase is in between map and reduce.

Thanks and Regards,

Rishi Yadav

(o) 408.988.2000x113 ||  (f) 408.716.2726

InfoObjects Inc || http://www.infoobjects.com *(Big Data Solutions)*

*INC 500 Fastest growing company in 2012 || 2011*

*Best Place to work in Bay Area 2012 - *SF Business Times and the Silicon
Valley / San Jose Business Journal

2041 Mission College Boulevard, #280 || Santa Clara, CA 95054