Hive >> mail # user >> set mapred.map.tasks=1 not work

Re: set mapred.map.tasks=1 not work
I've tried hive 0.5, the option not work too.
And find this page[
http://markmail.org/message/k32nrcb2ncsq67ef?q=mapred.map.tasks+#query:mapred.map.tasks%20+page:1+mid:k32nrcb2ncsq67ef+state:results]
via google.