Hive, mail # user - Read/write into HDFS

RE: Read/write into HDFS
Steven Wong 2010-09-30, 17:30
hadoop fs -get or -getmerge or -cat or ...
-----Original Message-----
From: Adarsh Sharma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Read/write into HDFS

Dear all,
I have set up a Hadoop cluster of 10 nodes.
I want to know that how we can read/write file from HDFS (simple).
Yes I know there are commands, i read the whole HDFS commands.
bin/hadoop -copyFromLocal tells that the file should be in localfilesystem.

But I want to know that how we can read these files from  the cluster.
What are the different ways to read files from HDFS.
Can a extra node ( other than the cluster nodes )  read file from the
cluster.
If yes , how?

Thanks in Advance
*