Flume, mail # user - Re: Automatic log analysis and alert generation

+
Cochran, David 2013-08-26, 20:47
Re: Automatic log analysis and alert generation
Wolfgang Hoschek 2013-08-26, 21:12
Take a look at the Apache Flume Morphline Solr Sink, for example for heavy duty ETL processing and
ingestion into Solr:

       http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#morphlinesolrsink

It provides a scripting engine that enables CEP on the flow of log events.

Wolfgang.

On Aug 26, 2013, at 1:22 PM, Mark Nuttall-Smith wrote:

> Hi, I posted this question on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18448218/automatic-log-analysis-and-alert-generation), but thought I might get a better response here, so am crossposting... hope it's ok!
>
> I would like some design advice for a centralized logging project I am considering. I have a number of components producing logs on various servers. Apache Flume looks like the sensible choice for streaming to a central log server, most likely into an elasticsearch instance for querying and analysis.
>
> Here's my question: I would like to provide a scripting engine listening to the flow of log events arriving on the central server. Would it make sense to do that as an interceptor in Flume, or as a plugin to elasticsearch, or something else completely?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

+
Mark Nuttall-Smith 2013-08-28, 07:02