Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2012 ([ppmc])

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2012 ([ppmc])
hey folks, here is my current cut for the quarterly board report.  let me
know feedback I will post this very late night Tuesday

if you need/want me to post it sooner so mentor has time before Wed to sign
off on it let me know please

**************************************************************************************************************************************
(introduced to Apache incubator on Jul 4, 2011)

Kafka provides an extremely high throughput distributed publish/subscribe
messaging system. Additionally, it supports relatively long term
persistence of messages to support a wide variety of consumers,
partitioning of the message stream across servers and consumers, and
functionality for loading data into Apache Hadoop for offline, batch
processing.

A list of the most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation

- Invite diverse new active committers

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

- None

- Added a new committer.  Continued contribution to source code in fixes
and features and continued activity on the mailing lists.

- Work was begun on 0.8 release which includes our replication feature and
also requires a breaking change for existing consumers/producer to the
wiring protocol.

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc