Hive, mail # user - hive 0.7.1 Error: Non-Partition column appears in the partition specification

hive 0.7.1 Error: Non-Partition column appears in the partition specification
Павел Мезенцев 2012-11-15, 08:14
Hello all!

I have a problem with dynamic partitions in hive 0.7.1.

For example I have 2 tables:

CREATE TABLE table1 (text STRING);
CREATE TABLE table2 (text STRING) PARTITIONED BY (author STRING);

And make insert into dynamic partition from table1 to table2
SET hive.exec.dynamic.partition = true;
SET hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode = nonstrict;

Query
INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2 PARTITION (author)
SELECT text FROM (SELECT text, 'Tolstoy' AS author FROM table1) tmp;

failes with error:
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Line 1:23 Cannot insert into target
table because column number/types are different author: Table insclause-0
has 2 columns, but query has 1 columns.
Query:
INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE table2 PARTITION (new_author)
SELECT text FROM (SELECT text, 'Tolstoy' AS new_author FROM table1) tmp;

failes with error:
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Non-Partition column appears in the
partition specification:  new_author
What is happen? Is there any workaround for this problem?

I know that I can use static partition author = 'Tolsoy', but my real query
is more complex and dynamic partition calculates from several input fields.

Best regards
Mezentsev Pavel
Moscow.