Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: If you are wondering why site:site seems to take about a week ...

Re: If you are wondering why site:site seems to take about a week ...
Moving to the natural Maven 3 usage of maven-site-plugin as a normal build
plugin, with configuration for reporting, instead of dealing with the
massive "reporting" section that gets mapped to the maven-site-plugin, may
also help.
--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 For moving cobertura to its own profile, add something saying so to the
> readme/website, and let people decide when they want to activate it.
>

> On 11/18/2012 05:56 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>
>> There's a very longstanding bug/confusion in Maven that results from
>> reporting plugins that fork executions. That's not the same thing as
>> forking a jvm, it's an internal maven business where a plugin says,
>> 'whoops, to run me you have to make a whole new maven and run all this
>> other stuff first'.
>>
>> The cobertura plugin does this. So does Javadoc in some really irritating
>> cases.
>>
>> If folks would like a faster site build, I'd suggest moving cobertura
>> to a profile.
>>
>> If the current 'go for coffee' situation doesn't bother anyone too
>> much, we can leave it alone.

+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-20, 19:05
+