Hive >> mail # user >> Access context from UDF

Access context from UDF
Hi,

Using Hive 0.10.0 over Hadoop 1.0.4.

I guess that I know that this is a long shot.
Is there any way to access the context from inside a UDF?
Specifically I want to get hold of the value of the virtual
column BLOCK__OFFSET__INSIDE__FILE from inside a
UDF that I'm implementing. Of course I can pass it in as
a parameter but it would be nice if I didn't have to.
So is there some way I can interrogate the value of this column?
Or, seeing as I can, that the value of the virtual column
is set using the value of
                ctx.getIoCxt().getCurrentBlockStart();
where ctx is an ExecMapperContext
is there some way that I can get hold of this
directly? Can the UDF get hold of the ExecMapperContext?

Thanks in advance.