Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Why Specify Javadoc Version?

Why Specify Javadoc Version?
In pom.xml and examples/wikisearch/pom.xml, I see that javadoc v1.6 is
specified.

     <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
          <quiet>true</quiet>
          <jarOutputDirectory>lib</jarOutputDirectory>
          <reportOutputDirectory>docs</reportOutputDirectory>
          <javadocVersion>1.6</javadocVersion>
          <additionalJOption>-J-Xmx512m</additionalJOption>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

I am using Java v1.7. When I try to build the javadocs, this version
specificity generates a warning.  However, if I remove the
javadocVersion tag then the javadocs seem to generate fine. You can
check 'em out at http://affy.com/javadoc/accumulo/1_5_0_SNAPSHOT.

Is there any objection to my removing the javadocVersion tag?