Hive >> mail # user >> Read-only users in Hive

Re: Read-only users in Hive
HIVE-78 is what we all are waiting for :)

The hack you suggest below should be a valid interim solution, just make
sure the read-only clients have their own hive-site.xml with the proper
user/pass for the read only account, e.g.

<property>
<name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
<value>read-only-user</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
<value>xxxxx</value>
</property>

see this for more details:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/AdminManual/MetastoreAdmin