MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop noob question

Re: Hadoop noob question
IMHO,I think the statement about NN with regard to block metadata is more
like a general statement. Even if you put lots of small files of combined
size 10 TB , you need to have a capable NN.

can disct cp be used to copy local - to - hdfs ?

Thanks,
Rahul