Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo "execute command" oddity

Accumulo "execute command" oddity
Running Accumulo 1.5, I noticed that the "--execute-command" option does
not work for any command with spaces.

This command works fine:
accumulo shell -u root -e "tables"

But this command fails:
accumulo shell -u root -e "tables -l"

With: [shell.Shell] ERROR: org.apache.commons.cli.MissingArgumentException:
Missing argument for option: l

Looks like JCommander cannot parse the string? Should I use something other
than double quotes?