Flume >> mail # user >> Analysis of Data

+
Surindhar 2013-02-07, 09:52
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-02-07, 10:15
+
Surindhar 2013-02-07, 10:24
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-02-07, 10:30
+
Inder Pall 2013-02-07, 10:39
+
Mike Percy 2013-02-07, 10:59
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-02-07, 11:22
+
Steven Yates 2013-02-07, 23:04
+
Mike Percy 2013-02-08, 03:00
+
Mike Percy 2013-02-08, 02:46
+
Steve Yates 2013-02-08, 03:22
Re: Analysis of Data
Hi Steve,

I can understand  the idea of having data processed inside flume by
streaming it to another flume agent. But do we really need to re-engineer
something inside flume is what I am thinking? Core flume dev team may have
better ideas on this but currently for streaming data processing storm is a
huge candidate.
flume does have have an open jira on this integration
FLUME-1286<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1286>

It will be interesting to draw up the comparisons in performance if the
data processing logic is added to to flume. We do see currently people
having a little bit of pre-processing of their data (they have their own
custom channel types where they modify the data and sink it)

--
Nitin Pawar
+
Inder Pall 2013-02-08, 08:48