HBase >> mail # user >> Defect or work as designed? stop-hbase.sh hangs there and have to manually kill the master daemon

Defect or work as designed? stop-hbase.sh hangs there and have to manually kill the master daemon
Hi all,

I noticed that using hbase 0.20.6, if we set HBASE_MANAGES_ZK to false in
hbase-env.sh, and set the hbase.zookeeper.quorum property in hbase-site.xml,
but don't start any zookeeper service in the cluster, then hbase
master/regionserver would keep on trying to connect to the zookeeper server
but always fails. In this situation, if we tried to stop hbase using the
"stop-hbase.sh" script, it would hangs there saying "stop master..." till we
manually kill the master daemon.

I've searched across the internet, and it seems someone else has also met
with similar problem, but there's no JIRA tracking on this. So could anybody
tell me whether this is a defect? If not, is there any other way to stop the
daemon rather than manually kill the hbase master process? Many thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Li Yu