Drill >> mail # dev >> Setting up a cluster

Re: Setting up a cluster
Ted gave a good long answer.  The short answer is that you'll need to
change the dependency on Hadoop to use the MapR distribution which
means changing:

the following entry in two files files:
sandbox/prototype/exec/java-exec/pom.xml and
sandbox/prototype/exec/ref/pom.xml

      <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
      <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.0</version>

to: (note the change in version number)

  <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
  <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.3-mapr-2.1.3.1</version>

and adding the mapr repository to the list of available repositories:

  <repository>
      <id>mapr-releases</id>
      <url>http://repository.mapr.com/maven/</url>
  </repository>
As an Apache initiative, the goal of Drill is to work on all Hadoop
distributions.

Jacques