MapReduce >> mail # user >> OK to run data node on same machine as secondary name node?

Re: OK to run data node on same machine as secondary name node?
Please keep in mind that you can run an entire cluster on a single server. (Pseudodistributed mode.)

Having said that, while you can do something doesn't mean its a good idea to do it. :-)

With respect to the secondary NN and DN on the same machine? Sure. If the machine has enough power, why not?
However I would probably recommend not doing it.

If you're running Apache based Hadoop, you would want to configure your NN, SN, JT nodes different from you DNs.
But again, there's no reason why it can't be done....